On average, we spend one third of our life in bed, and the bedding you choose can make all the difference in a good night’s sleep. Aside from a comfortable bed there are many reasons to invest in quality bedding. Not only will you sleep better, but you will be amazed at how well high quality bedding holds up over time, your sheets will last a life-time with the proper care. Below are a some tips and tricks we’ve learned on how to keep your bed linens looking like the day you bought them.
- Be sure to remove all make-up from your face and neck. Not only is that better for your skin but make-up can leave build-up on your bedding causing an unsightly yellow hue.
- No eating in bed, your just asking for stains.
- If stains do happen, treat them right away. Wet a cloth with warm water and a little dish soap and gently blot the stain.
- The Lemon Juice Method: Add 1/4 cup of lemon juice to your load of whites right along with your detergent. This will help with tough stains.
- DO NOT USE BLEACH! Bleach can actually cause fabrics to yellow. In lieu of bleach we recommend a product like OxiClean.
- Launder your linens regularly. If your schedule allows it we recommend washing sheets once a week, but every other week is just fine.
- Make sure you separate your whites.